Simple Smoked Turkey
• 1 ( 12 pound) whole turkey,
neck and giblets removed
•1 ( 20 pound) bag high quality
• hickory chips or chunks
2. Rinse turkey under cold water, and pat dry. Place hickory chips into a pan with water to cover.
3. Place turkey onto the prepared grate. Add 2 handfuls damp chips at start of cooking, then a handful every couple of hours during the cooking process.
Leave the lid on - DO NOT keep looking at turkey, or you will let the heat out! Continue smoking until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches
180 degrees F (82 degrees C), or keep going until the coals die out.
Varnadore’s 30 Minute
• 1 Gal or 2 large cans of Pinto or
• 2 lbs Ground Chuck, or Hamburger
• 1 Large Onion Chopped
(do this at home)
• 2 pkgs McCormicks, chili mix
(hot or mild... your choice)
• 3 cans of beer
• water if needed.... or more beer...
Saute' onions and ground meat, add chili mix ...cook for 5 minutes....add beans and beer.....
Cook for 15 minutes to blend the flavors. Serve with oyster crackers; you can provide shredded
cheese for those that like it on their chili.